We’re looking for a skilled and ambitious graphic designer to join the team in our New York office.
We’re a small studio, founded in 2014, and based in the TriBeCa neighborhood of New York City. We focus on adding grace and clarity to all of our projects. On top of that, we routinely seek projects that challenge us as both designers and thinkers.
While the end-result of our work is primarily interactive digital experiences, we apply traditional visual communication fundamentals to our projects, and advise clients on high-level strategy and concept development. We work on a few large-scale projects per year, with the added bonus of some self-initiated studio projects for good measure.
Because of our small size, your involvement in studio projects will range from initial conversations and concepts to execution and delivery. You can count on getting your hands on nearly every project that we deliver.
- You’ve worked on digital projects for visible clients — including promotional websites, web applications, and native iOS/Android apps.
- You’re experienced in building design systems for digital projects.
- You have a minimum of 1½-3 years of experience (internships okay), with a BFA/MFA in graphic design, or related field
- You’re well versed in the fundamentals of design, and are curious to further your understanding in the field.
- You have an impassioned interest in typography and typographic systems, with a curiosity in furthering their application on the web and in digital properties.
- You’re always organized and disciplined, and are able to proceed with an idea without over-direction.
- You remain positive, motivated, and flexible when faced with a challenge.
- You’re curious to explore new frontiers within interaction design, emerging technologies, typography, and motion design.
- Your portfolio demonstrates most, if not all, of the above.
- Pay commensurate with experience.
- Sane business hours, no work on weekends.
- All the tools needed for your success, plus a comfy desk setup.
- “Investment hours” — dedicated free studio time for learning, personal advancement, or just making time for that thing you couldn’t ever make time for.
- Learning stipend — learning and research are key components of the studio, and we want to empower you to grow your skillset as much as you please.
We welcome (and encourage) people of all ages, stories and backgrounds to apply. We can only consider candidates who are authorized to work in the United States for any employer — and please, no recruiters.
Please send a CV and link to your portfolio website to firstname.lastname@example.org, along with a brief letter of interest. Be sure to include “Associate Designer” in the subject line of your email. Applications accepted through 9 March, 2018.